While most of us by now have had some experience of using machine translation, namely through Google’s easy-to-use Google Translate feature, this programme's widely criticised lack of accuracy in the past has rendered it unfit for professional usage.
Upon its launch in 2006, Google Translate used statistical translation a flawed technology that translated one word at a time without considering the context of each word within the sentence. This often resulted in text that read...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events