Chung, returning to the spotlight after she was dragged into last year’s Edison Chen sex scandal, agreed to endorse Tough jeans. The move certainly guaranteed publicity - but the question for brands is whether employing such fallen idols is a risk worth taking.
Chung, half of the Cantopop duo Twins, lost a series of endorsements following the Chen scandal, including her role as a spokesperson for Disneyland and adidas. Chen himself was dropped by Pepsi, Standard...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events