Several agencies in Asia-Pacific have made the cut in the Data Creativity Awards and Data Venture Challenge categories. These include OMD China with two projects, Possible Singapore, Starcom MediaVest Group Australia and VMob in New Zealand.
Agencies will present their shortlisted work live at the event between 28 and 30 April.
“It was really last year that was the milestone where we had quite a few winners from APAC,” said Andreas Cohen, chairman and founder I-COM Global. “There are a number of early adopters doing fantastic work in the region.”
The third edition of the Data Creativity Awards includes six categories: The General Data Creativity Awards and five specialised categories including programmatic, social media, TV and mobile.
- What it does: Creative engine for ad serving platforms
- Entrant quote: "We enable automation of creative content over the cloud. We provide tools for brands and creative agencies to use. When an ad impressions occurs we have an algorithm to calculate the best combination the audience responds." —Winder, founder
- What it does: Predictive behavioural modeling in advertising, brand and product marketing
- Entrant quote: "We take unstructured data from search, social etc on a massive scale to allow us to predict peoples behaviour. We can use this to understand a whole topography of a country." —Ian Chapman-Banks, founder
- What it does: A software-service-based technology that allows retailers to personalise content on mobile apps
- Entry: McDonald’s app
- Entrant quote: "Our aim is to increase conversion rate. When we know who you are and your preferences, we can make the experience within the app more relevant and gain useful insights." —Christoper Dawson, strategy director
Agency: OMD China
- What it does: Media planning and buying
- Entry: Two campaigns for Intel
- Entrant quote: "Intel is an ingredient brand and doesn’t sell to consumers. It was a challenge to target our audience. We studied our audience’s past behaviour and gave them tailor made creatives." —Wen Jia, head of measurement and analysis
Agency: Possible Singapore
- What it does: Full service digital agency
- Entry: Programmatic campaign for Starwood Hotels
- Entrant quote: Our challenge was to deliver effectively without an increase in media budget. Programmatic gives you that ability to focus on more qualified audience sets." —Latika Israni, engagement director
Click here for the full shortlist.
Editor's note: The author will be attending I-COM and reporting from the conference next week.