YouTube is offering brands a new driver for ecommerce by introducing shopping ads to search results and home feed of the video platform for the first time.
Nicky Rettke, director, product management, at YouTube, said the move was in response to almost half of shoppers being open to buying from new retailers in the run-up to Christmas, while an increasing number are using online videos to find ideas.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events