The market research firm Forrester predicts that 2019 will be the year companies start to focus on the hard work involved in digital transformation, rather than the shiny objects.
The “exuberance” previously felt around emerging technologies, which saw companies race to invest and launch headline-attracting projects such as robots or “blockchain-based thingamajigs” will start to morph into more “reasoned and focused” innovation, according to Frederic Giron, VP and research director at Forrester.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events