Since the advent of social media in China, and particularly in recent years as the numberand varietyof social platforms has exploded from simple microblogging to livestreaming and hybrid models, the scourge of “fake fans” has long muddied the waters for brands looking for the market’s next “it” face.
In a recent piece about fandom culture in China, SixthTone pointed out the flimsiness of data used to discern who and what is becoming...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events