Facebook is the latest tech company to come under fire for handing its users’ voice recordings over to outside contractors to transcribe without their knowledge.
The social-media site said on Tuesday 14 August it “paused” the practice more than a week ago following similar revelations at rival tech companies.
“Much like Apple and Google, we paused human review of audio more than a week ago,” the company said in a statement, following...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events