We all know fraudsters like to follow where the money goes, so it shouldn’t be surprising that Asia's booming ecommerce market has raised the stakes around fake reviews. Given that reviews themselves have the power to boost everything from a business's ranking in search engines to sales figures, the temptation is high for brands to engage third-party 'reputation agencies' to tip the scales in their favour.
The practice is known as brushing, where outside...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events