Cannes Lions’ revenue declined by 8% last year following Publicis Groupe’s abstention from the awards and owner Ascential refining its awards structure.
In its annual results, Ascential said the volume of Cannes awards entries declined by 21% after the Publicis withdrawal and the retirement of some sub-categories. Ascential said new Lions such as Social Influencer and Brand Experience Activation made up for long established declines in Print and Outdoor.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events