Business challenges and management shakeups marked a tumultuous year for YR. Its largest market, China, suffered setbacks as growth slowed and competition heated up. Despite adding many new local clients like XTEP, Fruiti, EC LiveStream and Hangzhou XTD, the agency also lost key brands like China Unicom and China Southern airline. The agency also experienced ad spending struggles in India following demonetisation.
After a couple of years of high growth rates,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events