Since the early 1990s, Campaign’s Agency of the Year awards have recognised inspiring leadership, management excellence, outstanding business performance, and overall achievements in advertising and brand communications.
Campaign's AOY is the only programme to honour agency excellence at both local and regional levels. The programme includes awards for five regions within APAC—Australia and New Zealand, Greater China, Japan and Korea, South Asia and Southeast Asia—as well as the APAC Network of the Year Awards.
The judging panel consists of leading client marketers across Asia-Pacific. In the first round of judging, judges review and score entries independently. The scores are sent directly to PwC Singapore to verify the shortlist. The jury then meets to discuss shortlisted entries in both the people and agency categories.
- Early-bird entry deadline: August 20
- Entry deadline: September 17
- Late entry deadline: September 22
- Shortlist release: November 12
- Winner announcements and events: To be announced
Cutoff time for all deadlines is 6 pm HK time (UCT/GMT +8).
How to enter
The eligibility period for the awards is October 1, 2019 to September 22, 2020.
New categories for 2020
- Agency Marketer Partnership of the Year
- Brand Experience of the Year
- Content Marketing Agency of the Year
- Market Research Agency of the Year
- Programmatic Agency (expanded to all regions; previously only for APAC region)
- Producer of the Year
- Young Business Leader of the Year
- PR Network of the Year
Changes to categories
- Boutique Agency of the Year: This category is open to small size agencies with less than 20 staff and open to independent agencies as well as holding / agency groups.
- Corporate Communications/Marketing Team of the Year: The Corporate Communications Person/Team category will now open to all regions as TEAM entry only and expanded the discipline to include marketing initiatives.
- Event Marketing Agency of the Year: This category renamed from Experiential Marketing Agency which recognises the agencies specialising in providing the best event marketing and/or experiential marketing solutions.
- PR Agency of the Year: This category is open to all local markets. Nominated agencies may be either independent or part of a regional network. Local market wins will contribute to points to win the regional awards for Greater China, South Asia and Southeast Asia regions as well as to compete in the PR Network of the Year.
- Programmatic Agency of the Year: This category is now expanded to cover all regions which includes Australia/New Zealand, Greater China, Japan/Korea, South Asia and Southeast Asia as well as existing Asia-Pacific region.
- Young Achiever of the Year: Eligible age group is revised to age at or under the age of 28 as of 22 September 2020.