Graeme Beardsell, Asia-Pacific vice-president for Experian’s market research arm, noted that Hong Kong was a unique case where broadband and 3G mobile penetration was incredibly high, yet its denizens preferred brick and mortar shopping.
“It’s the entire experience of going to a shopping mall which is very likely attached to their apartment,” he said. Hong Kong natives like to enjoy the air-conditioned malls on a hot day, browse stores, grab a meal and catch a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events