In the interview, which is the third in a series examining travel and tourism brands' marketing strategies, White says the release of Baz Luhrmann’s film Australia helped accelerate Tourism Australia’s digital activity as the movie sharpened global audiences’ interest in Australian travel, culture and information.
“We’ve obviously moved into Facebook, social networking, social media, but primarily our activities were obviously around Australia the movie,” she says. “There was a lot of online activity there and what...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events