Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong wanted an unforgettable and luxurious experience for its VIP clients and new prospects who might be interested in the new E-class.
Using a large open area at Hong Kong's West Kowloon Waterfront, the brand and event-marketing firm Pico threw an event that included:
- A 1,600 square metre scaffolding platform and tent structure.
- A 25-metre long kinetic LED wall display
- A 180 degree social-media sharing photo booth
- A VR experience showcasing the car's features
- A launch show
- A "high-velocity driving demonstration"
- Personal test drives
- A temporary 4,000 square metre car park, with valet parking service, as well as branded luxury shuttle buses and a branded shuttle boat.
The launch event generated 400 test drives and over 2,000 sales enquiries, and exceeded estimated visitor numbers by 20 percent, hosting more than 3,800 target customers over the four-day event.
The Facebook launch video attracted 100,000 views, while the Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Facebook page saw an increase of 1,000 Likes during the week of the launch, versus the usual figure of 100 per week.