YouTube, starting Monday, has begun phasing out the use of exact subscriber numbers for content channels with more than 1,000 followers.
The Google-owned video giant will gradually roll out the change this month. It will mean less information for brands looking for influencer partnerships.
For example, a channel with 4,227 subscribers will show a subscriber count of 4.2K, while channels with 133,017 subscribers will read 133K....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events