The days of “coming to China with a shotgun-full brands” and a marketing model based on “if you sell it they will come” are over, says Jonathan Turner, Greater China GM at Brandimage. “We need to see the opportunity in this, and there is opportunity to be had,” he says. “But we have to be smarter and more focused. There is an increasing sophistication of Chinese consumers that is very real.”
Brands need to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events