1. Exclusive interview: Bloomberg Media Group’s CEO Justin Smith
The new CEO explains why media brands need start-up culture and outlines his vision for a seamless flow of content.
2. How do brands achieve authenticity and what makes a trusted brand?
Cohn & Wolfe’s ‘Authentic brand study for 2013 yields some surprising findings, not least that KFC and HSBC are perceived as the most ‘authentic’ brands in China and Hong Kong, respectively.
3. Diving into talent-pool challenges
Alan Couldrey, CEO of the brand Union Asia-Pacific has taken on the additional role of chief talent officer for Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific while Chris Reitermann, CEO of Ogilvy & Mather China is looking to restructure teams from project-based to performance-based relationships.
Five senior industry figures also speak to Campaign Asia-Pacific about tackling the skills gap and how the industry needs to address the millennial workforce.
4. Product brands vs. service brands
Can the advertising and marketing paradigm used for product brands be applied to service brands? James Stuart, co-founder of The Brand Co and author of Hotel Brand Bites, thinks the answer is no and here’s why.
5. Creative business wins, new agency rosters and consolidations
6. Five steps to standardize digital metrics across countries
Tracking digital marketing performance can be daunting across many channel and region. Robin Leonard of ALLFamous Digital offers some hands on tips and examples.
7. From 'fair dinkum' campaigns to apps that help autistic kids connect
Check out interesting campaigns in the region that you might have missed this week.