WPP has reportedly warned Sorrell pictured that if he wins the bid for the agency, he stands to lose his 20 million US$26.4 million bonus as he may be in breach of a confidentiality clause in his contract that precludes him from using information gleaned while still running the company.
A spokesman for Sorrell described the warning letter issued by WPP's legal firm, Slaughter and May, as bollocks. He...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events