WPP’s biggest market, North America, has suffered a dramatic 8.5% plunge in quarterly net sales as the revenue decline at the world’s biggest advertising group worsened markedly in the first three months of 2019.
Net sales, which WPP describes as like-for-like revenue less pass-through costs, fell 2.8% globally The worst quarterly performance yet since the group first began to see sales decline two years ago.
Mark Read, chief executive since September...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events