Tokyo-based production company AOI Pro is primarily known for its work on TV commercials. So it might come as a surprise that the company bankrolled and produced the Palme d’Or winner at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Shoplifters.
The award is AOI Pro’s first for a feature film. Five Japanese films have won the Palme d’Or, the last being 21 years ago. AOI Pro has dabbled in feature films for 20 years,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events