Lao Tzu 老子, around B.C. 500, Chinese philosopher who founded philosophical Taoism, once asserted, “a good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” More than 2,000 years have passed, but the quote is all the more true for the country’s contemporary travelers. And it has lessons for those who want to win over new Chinese travelers.
In 2016, the number of outbound Chinese travelers reached 135 million, up 6 percent...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events