Early this year, Marriott International announced that it would reduce commissions on group bookings from 10% to 7% for all its US and Canada properties.
In a letter sent out to travel partners, the hotels giant stated that “changing economics” and “growing costs” have forced it to evaluate its intermediary compensation model.
“Marriott’s group distribution costs are growing faster than our group revenue these costs are limiting our ability to invest in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events