Reportedly, the pitch is being driven by the beer brand's desire to gear up for the upcoming Beijing Olympics.
Carlsberg is not an Olympics sponsor â” those honours go to key rival Anheuser-Busch Budweiser in the international beer category and Yanjing and Tsingtao as domestic beer sponsors. For Carlsberg, though, the Olympics offers an opportunity to solidify its China presence.
In recent years, international brewers such as SAB Miller, Anheuser-Busch and Interbrew have flocked to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events