A friend and mentor recently announced she was leaving the industry because it’s a young person’s game. She’s 39. A week later, I was at a women’s networking event attended by 120 or so incredible agency women. When asked how many of the attendees were over 40, just three stood up.
Situations like these subconsciously fuel the belief that we have a limited shelf life and that advertising is not something women can do...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events