The train wreck that has been the official response to the flood of bad press surrounding the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi reads like a lesson in issue-management worst practice.
In the run-up to the Games the clickbait was practically writing itself. First there was the shoddy state of hotel rooms, with their missing door handles and toxic running water. Then, the fact that parts of the town still resembled a construction site. There was...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events