The Warc Prize for Social Strategy is a global case-study competition for social ideas that drive business results. According to Warc, campaigns from brands such as Chobani, adidas, Coca-Cola and Newcastle Brown Ale made the shortlist, which includes the highest-scoring entries from the first round of judging.
Warc will award $5,000 to the Grand Prix winner. The recipient will demonstrate the “best example of a marketing strategy that drives conversation, sharing, participation or advocacy, and can demonstrate a link to credible business results.”
Warc will also award five special awards of $1,000 each, plus Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. The judging panel, made up of senior client-side marketers and agency-side strategy experts, is currently deciding which entries will be awarded the Gold, Silver and Bronze awards, and which will take home the cash prizes. Winners will be announced in June.
“The shortlist represents some of the best social strategy examples in the world,” said Shubu Mitra, director, connection planning effectiveness and productivity for Coca-Cola. “What I like about this competition is that it rewards social strategy aligned with the brand’s business goal, rather than isolated one-off social media tactics that get an unexpectedly large response (and a lot of business press!).”
“This shortlist is essential reading for anyone working on social media campaigns,” added David Tiltman, head of content at Warc. “There is a real mix of work here, from focused social media activity to big-budget campaigns with social mechanics at their core. What they all have in common is that they delivered a business impact.”
Access the full shortlist here.
Shortlisted entries from Asia-Pacific:
- AH Beard: Six week sleep challenge (Mentally Friendly / AH Beard / Australia)
- Chobani: #PlainInspiring (Whybin\TBWA & Digital Arts Network / Chobani / Australia)
- Jagermeister: Strange but true (SOCiETY / Brown Forman / Australia)
- #SPCSunday: The hashtag that saved a 100 year old company (Leo Burnett Melbourne / SPC Ardmona / Australia)
- Virgin Mobile: Making mobile better (Starcom MediaVest, Havas Worldwide Australia & One Green Bean / Virgin Mobile Australia / Australia)
- SoHo: Bring down the king (DDB New Zealand / Sky Television New Zealand / New Zealand)
- Volkswagen Hong Kong: Project Polo (DDB Group Hong Kong / Volkswagen Hong Kong / Hong Kong)
- The Philippines: #PHThankYou (BBDO Guerrero / Philippine Department of Tourism / Philippines)