In 1987 the Saatchi brothers tried to buy Midland Bank in London. They were promptly laughed out of the city. Quite right too. It was a stupid idea. In spite of their hubris, however, they still made a massive statement that changed the business.
The fact that the most famous advertisers in the world wanted to get into banking was an unmistakable sign that the action had moved on. Greed was good, global finance was king and advertising was...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events