The pitch was called after management changes were made in Samsung’s Hong Kong office.
Waggener was the incumbent for Samsung Hong Kong, having held the account for three years.
According to the Korean Times last January, Samsung replaced all overseas heads as part of a streamlining process ahead of the Korean electronics giants fourth quarter earnings report which recorded its first operating loss in seven years.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events