Despite the increased visibility of gender equality efforts in the ad industry, a brazenly sexist party invitation made the rounds at Cannes on Wednesday. An invitation email for a party thrown by VaynerMedia and Thrillist demanded attractive females and models only and directed potential attendees to send recent untouched photos or link to social media profiles.
Ad consultant Cindy Gallop brought the email to the attention of VaynerMedia CEO Gary Vaynerchuk, who responded...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events