The Economist's Big Debate around the power of the big tech players which involved Facebook, Unilever, and UM grew heated over the proposal that users should be paid for their data.
When panel moderator, Zanny Minton Beddoes, editor-in-chief of The Economist, questioned the sustainability of Facebook and Google's ad-funded model, given the scandals that have plagued both platforms, most panellists felt that the model should continue. ...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events