Forty-two percent of global smartphone users have chatted to their voice assistant when lonely, while 29 percent report entertaining a sexual fantasy about the disembodied voice, according to 'Speak-Easy', a research report presented today at Cannes Lions by J Walter Thompson Innovation Group and Mindshare Futures.
Beyond the stats designed to be irresistible to headline writers guilty as charged, the report also has some interesting findings that speak to how voice is changing, and...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events