Mastercard has been criticised for gamifying starvation with a campaign that promises to donate 10,000 meals to children in Latin America and the Caribbean each time Lionel Messi or Neymar Jr scores until 2020.
Mastercard is publicising the campaign, which supports the World Food Programme, on its Twitter account for the Latin America and Caribbean regions.
Goals that changes lives for each goal scored by Messi or Neymar Jr....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events