A Burger King ad that aired last week tricked voice activated Google Home devices to read aloud the Wikipedia entry for the Whopper. Just minutes later, internet pranksters had added dubious and disgusting ingredients to the sandwich’s description. A few hours after that, Google quietly blacklisted the spot. It looked like the short-lived activation was a failure.
But that night, a new version of the ad ran on late nite shows, again triggering...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events