Japan’s total beer consumption is 5.407 million kilolitres, putting it in seventh place worldwide. However, the beer market has been in decline for the past 11 years, with matters especially challenging for the mainstream beer segment.
A variety of factors are at play, including the trend towards frugality and the increasing popularity of chuhai shochu highballs and wine.
Despite the challenging environment, shipments of beer enjoyed a small increase in 2015...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events