“One thing you can’t organize is a buzz, and the Olympic Green is a relatively buzz-free zone. This Olympics has had the fun organised out of it,” said a senior marketing executive who represents several key Olympic sponsors though he paid tribute to the Games from a logistical point of view.
The Olympic Green is off-limits to anyone without an event ticket - “and they’re all at events, so there’s no crowd milling about,” said...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events