This year’s upcoming Spikes Asia Festival promises a “carnival of creative learning” in a reimagined event programme. In addition to bringing the Tangrams effectiveness awards to this year’s festival, there will be a variety of new talks, workshops and events, called The Masters of Creativity, In-Focus and Market Focus. The event takes place September 27-29 at Suntec in Singapore.
An early list of speakers have also been announced including inspiration from reigning ONE Championship Women’s Atomweight Champion Angela Lee with Evolve MMA, animated learning from Cirkus’ ringmaster Marko Klijn, a disciplined discussion on production from MediaMonks’ Victor Knaap and a new way to look at talent and cultural fit from creative director/drag queen Gianni Gurnani Gigi Giubilee.
“Attendees at Spikes Asia come from all over the Asia Pacific region and are a hugely diverse mix of people with individual market challenges and perspectives. To reflect and inspire our audience we continuously look to broaden the scope of those who speak on stage and the manner in which they do so,” said Terry Savage, Co-Chairman Spikes Asia.
Here’s what some of the programmes have in store:
Masters of Creativity: experts from the creative community and beyond inspire new ideas, ways of thinking and new approaches to driving creativity in all its forms.
In-Focus: explores issues faced by the industry on a day-to-day basis, featuring clear take-aways for attendees to implement in their own creative work a
Makers: delivers highly interactive practical sessions in workshop style that will enable smaller groups of attendees to explore a specific challenge with an expert leader.
Market Focus: taps into the range of concepts and ideas from different markets within Asia Pacific honing in on the challenges associated with local market creativity.
Spikes Asia Brand Breakfasts: clients and brands discuss their perspectives on industry issues and creative challenges
Tangrams Effectiveness@Spikes: focuses on performance-driven marketing campaigns, honing in on effective brand communications with tangible ROI.
Innovation: takes a step into the future, demonstrating applied technology in action, playing host to the TechTalk sessions in partnership with Omnicom Media Group.
OMG’s Asia Pacific CEO, Cheuk Chiang adds these TechTalk sessions “are a lens into the future and allow us to more effectively predict consumer behaviour and media consumption habits.”
Other Spikes speakers include:
- Islam ElDessouky, Head of Integrated Marketing Communications, Coca-Cola Middle East
- Nirvik Singh, Chairman & CEO, Grey Group Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa
- Daniel Hughes, Head of Data Science, International, DigitasLBi
- Julia Izmałkowa, CEO, IZMALKOWA
- Christian Mix-Linzer, CEO & Music Supervisor, Tracks & Fields
- Al Moseley, International President, 180 Amsterdam
- Amit Mangwani, Director of Retail, Intel, Asia Pacific & Japan
- Rene Bokhorst, Technical Director, MediaMonks Singapore
- Charlton Hill, Head of Music & Innovation, Uncanny Valley
- Justin Shave, Head Composer & Sonic Technologist, Uncanny Valley
- Melanie Cook, Head of Strategy and Consulting, SEA, SapientRazorfish
- Yonathan Dominitz, Founder, Mindscapes
Last week Spikes announced its list of jury presidents for the upcoming festival.