Swimmers wearing the LZR Racer, which reduces friction in the water, have dominated the pool events, winning 94 per cent of gold medals. The makers say it has gone one further and fundamentally altered the way in which athletes are sponsored.
“It has changed the logistics of sponsorship,” said Andy Long, co-president of Speedo. “World swimming body FINA requires all suits to be available to all athletes, and now Japan, Russia, China and Italy have...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events