Snapchat is launching a feature that allows users to point their mobile camera at a physical item to bring up its product listing on Amazon.
The function includes standard barcode recognition but Snapchat also claims that it can recognise items and has provided the example of a pair of trainers in its announcement.
It will be rolled out to users slowly, Snapchat said.
The company added Snapchat has...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events