Shanghai Disneyland Resort has switched its name from 上海迪斯尼乐园 to 上海迪斯妮“乐园, essentially replacing the Chinese character denoting Mickey Mouse to Minnie Mouse to mark International Women's Day this year.
The move is similar to Burger King's campaign in 2017 which briefly changed its name to 'Burger Queen' for the occasion.
Besides tying a pink polka dot ribbon on top of the 妮“ character on the sign at...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events