Beautiful skin is a national fixation in Japan, and deep-pocketed consumers pay shocking prices for the promise of middle-aged beauty. Skincare priced above 20,000 yen US$200 saw sales growth of 24 per cent last year, according to Shiseido. Prices scale upwards to super premium’ - those that sell for 100,000 yen. A 40-gram jar of Shiseido’s Cle de Peau Beaute Synergique Cream or rival Kanebo’s Twany Century Cell Rythm Cream both sell for 126,000 yen, while Kose’s 45-gram pack...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events