The Chinese parliament’s vote on Sunday to amend the constitution and remove limits on the length of presidential terms, meaning President Xi Jinping can effectively rule for life, will largely be positive for brands and agencies in China, according to two industry insiders.
Their views run contrary to those expressed by many Western media outlets, which see the vote to scrap the two-term limit as a power grab by Xi Jinping that could signify a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events