Of all the ways Sir Martin Sorrell might have left WPP effecting a spectacular sale, smoothly handing over to a well-groomed successor, carried out in a coffin always considered the most likely option, according to those that know him best resigning after being investigated for personal misconduct is surely the bleakest.
In a statement issued to staff late on Saturday evening, Sorrell said the current disruption we are experiencing is simply putting too much...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events