Strict new regulations from China’s Food and Drug Administration CFDA are likely to have an impact on how cosmetics are marketed in China. Identifying a beauty product as having “medical benefits” is now illegal.
It’s a step that China’s taking to keep up with global FDA standards, as most countries don’t entertain the idea of “medical” cosmetics and keep medical products separate from cosmetic ones.
Shortly after the regulations were announced, the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events