The Land of Smiles has certainly seen better days.
In September last year, army-backed council appointed by Thailand’s own military rulers rejected a controversial draft constitution, further delaying elections and extending the rule of generals who took power in a coup in 2014.
Observers believe elections will not be held until at least 2017.
The World Bank has maintain a gloomy outlook for the country, with...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events