Men are more responsive to online ads than women, according to an eye-tracking study by picture provider Shutterstock.
Shutterstock’s study, carried out by eye-tracking specialists Lumen, found that simple image-led online ads which mirror the demographic profile of their target audience perform best.
Males looked at the ads for 0.4 seconds longer than females 0.9 seconds vs 0.5 seconds while noticing a third of the ads in the study compared to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events