Japan’s national sport of sumo would seem to have little in common with high-performance cars, not least because its athletes tend to be too big to fit into the seats. But McLaren Automotive sees much in common with sumo’s most compact star, Masakatsu Ishiura.
On 7 January at its industrial showroom in Tokyo’s Ariake, the British carmaker presented Ishiura with a branded keshō-mawashi, the ceremonial belt worn by upper-level wrestlers as they enter...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events