A feud has broken out between Korea's largest commercial TV network, the
state-owned Munhwa Broadcasting Co MBC, and KOBACO, the government
agency that sets advertising rates and acts as exclusive sales agent for
all the commercial networks.
Events were triggered by an MBC news programme in January, criticising
KOBACO's monopoly and arguing that MBC should set its own advertising
rates and sell for itself.
The following day KOBACO...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events