The instafamous’ are pretty infamous. Look beyond the flattering filters on their flatlays and selfies, and the influencer industry in the Asia-Pacific region begins to resemble the Wild West lawless, ethically murky and surrounded by dirt.
Controversies stick to social media stars like wet sand, and one of the most common accusations is their nonchalance about advertising best practices. Some have masked paid content as impartial posts to comply with clients’ requests others have failed...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events