Advertiser spending on internet advertising in Japan grew 16.5% to 1.759 trillion yen $15.8 billion last year, according to new figures from Dentsu. The figure is just behind that for terrestrial TV, which was 1.785 trillion yen $16.1 billion.
Within the digital segment, Dentsu noted an increase in performance-based and video advertising, which were used more widely on social channels.
Dentsu put total advertising spend at 6.53 trillion yen $58.9...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events