The campaign, developed by BBDO Guerrero, used social media to enlist the help of Filipinos in creating the campaign. It helped drive visitors to the country to a record high, even though the marketing budget was far smaller than those of rival markets.
Leanne Cutts, the 2013 Prize chair and president & MD Mondelez Japan, said the Grand Prix winner stood out due to the simplicity of the idea and its potential to evolve across media and across time. “The winning campaign was not only an idea for its own category, but it spilled over into other parts of life, and we felt that this was an enormously valuable idea that could be sustainable and grow over time.”
In addition to the Grand Prix, Warc awarded five further Special Awards of $1,000 each. The five Special Award winners were:
- ‘SMART TXTBKS’, an initiative to load school textbooks onto phone SIM cards, from DDB DM9 JaymeSyfu in the Philippines, which won the Market Pioneer award for the best paper targeting an underserved market segment.
- The Chinese reworking of Nike’s ‘Greatness’ campaign, by Wieden & Kennedy, Mindshare, Razorfish and AKQA, won the Cultural Connection award
- ‘The Tagging Drive’, a Facebook campaign by Ogilvy & Mather for Indian not-for-profit Once Again, won the Channel Insight award.
- ‘All Weather AC’, a campaign by Ogilvy and Mather to revive Indian air-conditioning brand Voltas, won the Local Hero award for Asian challenger brands
- ‘THPF Smoking Kid’, a digital anti-smoking campaign from Ogilvy & Mather in Thailand, won the Asia First award for insight or innovation that the rest of the world can learn from.
A total of 18 papers were awarded Gold, Silver or Bronze. The 18 winning entries came from six different markets—eight from India, four from China, three from the Philippines, and one each from Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia.
- It's More Fun In The Philippines (BBDO Guerrero / The Philippines Department of Tourism / Regional)
- THPF Smoking Kid: A Personal Message to the Smokers (Ogilvy & Mather Thailand / Thai Health Promotion Foundation / Thailand)
- Voltas All Weather AC – how a pure play Indian brand turned a giant killer (Ogilvy & Mather / Tata / India)
- Milo Cans: Twisted Football (Ogilvy & Mather Kuala Lumpur / Nestlé / Malaysia)
- Gillette: Shave Sexy (BBDO China, @PR / Procter & Gamble / China)
- Nike China: Greatness Campaign (Wieden+Kennedy, Mindshare, AKQA, Razorfish / Nike / China)
- Once Again: The Tagging Drive (Ogilvy & Mather Bangalore / Once Again / India)
- SMART TXTBKS (DDB DM9 JaymeSyfu / Smart Communications / Philippines)
- Baileys: Cream With Spirit (BBH Shanghai / Diageo / China)
- Corona: Let the World Wait (TBWA\ Singapore, Digital Arts Network (DAN), INTO-DIGITAL OY, Wicked Digital Media / Grupo Modelo / Regional)
- Lifebuoy: Help A Child Reach 5 (Lowe Lintas & Partners, PHD / Unilever / India, Indonesia)
- Realtime Olympics (NIM Digital / McDonald’s / China)
- Taking On A Religion Called Cricket (JWT India / PepsiCo / India)
- Women For Women (McCann WorldGroup / Stayfree / India)
- Ariel Shirt Flag: How a detergent not only lifted stains, but the spirit of an entire nation (Ace Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising / Procter & Gamble / Philippines)
- Mediker Anti-Lice Treatment: The Journey from Lice Negative to Life Positive in Rural India (BBH Communications India, Madison Media Group, Radiowani, Perfect Relations, School / Marico / India)
- Mission Kerala: Times Of India's Final Frontier (JWT India / Bennett Coleman / India)
- Vat Man (BBH Communications India / Diageo / India)